Looking for some fun things to do in Lancaster, PA? Refreshing Mountain was established to provide a family friendly place for families to enjoy fun activities and be refreshed. Experience the thrill of our professionally guided outdoor adventures including our ziplines, climbing tower, archery, geocaching, nature studies or take a refreshing dip in our pool! Our property also features a playground, picnic areas, hiking trail and camp store with gifts and light refreshments.
Each of our activities work great for groups of up to 8 and can be conveniently booked online by clicking here. You can also call us directly to make your reservation. If you have a larger group, see our options for things to do on our large group activities page for options and group rates page for large group bookings.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a variety of outdoor fun and things to do with options for all ages, skill and thrill levels. Click on the pictures below to learn more about each of our outdoor activities. It’s easy to book an activity – just click the book online button to make a reservation or if you prefer, give us a a call at (717) 738-1490. Want to make a day of it? Combine activities and grab some food from our camp store (limited hours). Want to make it an overnight getaway? Rent a family cabin and get 15% off your activity reservations.
Activities & Packages
7 Ziplines – Aerial Excursion
5 Ziplines – Challenge Adventure
2 Ziplines – Flying V
Horseback Riding – Private Lesson
Horse Rides & Farm Animal Experience
Forms and Facilities
Community Outdoor Pool
Release and Waiver Form
New for 2017
FLYING V Ziplines
- For most of the “high adventure” activities, individual riders must be at least 5 years old, weigh a minimum of 60 pounds and be 48 inches tall. For the Aerial Excursion Course, individual riders must be a minimum of 8 years old and weigh 100 pounds. All activities have the weight maximum of 280 pounds.
- Children under 13 MUST be accompanied by an adult to complete the zip line courses; the ratio for the Challenge Adventure Course is 1 adult per 4 children and the ratio for the Aerial Excursion Course is one adult to one child. Adult is defined as a person over the age of 13.
- All reservations with a total cost of $1,000 or less require payment in full at the time of the reservation or with the signed Day Agreement. Day events with totals over $1,000 must submit a check for 50% of the total amount with the signed Day Agreement and the balance must be paid upon arrival the day of the event. A cancelation 14 days or more prior to your arrival date will result in a refund of the deposit, less a $45 cancel fee.
- If you cancel 3 to 13 days before your scheduled arrival date, you will lose your entire deposit. If you cancel within 3 days of arrival, you will be billed for the entire reservation.
- If you are making your reservation within 14 days of your arrival date, the full amount is due at the time of booking, regardless of total amount.
- Inclement Weather: If there are high winds, heavy rain or snow, lightning or below freezing temperatures, Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center may cancel a dayâ€™s activities for safety reasons. If RMC cancels due to inclement weather, your event will either be rescheduled at a future date or your deposit will be refunded in full.
Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center highly encourages adult supervision for all events. There are many areas for chaperons to watch the activities. If not included in the activity, there is no charge for their presence.
RMC provides many attractive packages that provide fun options for a birthday party or other special occasion. We do not provide decorations or catered food (we do have buffet meal options for larger groups in our Dining Hall). We do have outdoor picnic areas that are free to use as well as outdoor pavilions and indoor meeting rooms that can be reserved for your celebration.
We are very intentional about promoting and preserving a family-friendly environment. Our goals for hospitality, as well as many of our policies, reflect the Judeo-Christian founding of the retreat center, which was founded in 1984. We feel strongly that the following guidelines are important in helping us promote a wholesome, safe, enjoyable, family-friendly environment for all our guests.
We request modest bathing suits.
- For girls and ladies, this means a modest, 1-piece suit. We do allow for an opaque t-shirt to be worn over a 2-piece suit, and tank-inis are allowed provided that there is no midriff exposed. This applies to infants also.
- For boys and men, we require boxer/board style shorts (no SPEEDOS).
We also expect guests to wear a cover-up to and from the pool area.
We have a strict no smoking policy on the property. PA law restricts smoking (and it isn’t good for you anyway). We will charge a $100 penalty for smoking in or around the buildings. If a guest needs to smoke, there is 1 designated smoking area on-site (and it is not close to the activities) where smoking is permitted. Check at the office for details on the smoking location. This policy is strictly enforced.
We do not permit alcohol on the premises. It just leads to too many potential problems. We are convinced that you can have a great time here, even without it. Guests who violate this rule will be asked to vacate the premise immediately without refund.