No matter the size of your family, you will find refreshment, reconnection and adventure when you come to Refreshing Mountain. As a family-run center, we understand the importance of family time together and know firsthand what it takes to pull off these special events. We’ll be here to help every step of the way!Check Rates & Availability
Host A Family Retreat at Refreshing Mountain
Impactful and Fun Retreats for Families
Have you been looking for a unique location for your family to have an overnight retreat? Discover the perfect destination for your next family vacation at Refreshing Mountain. Set on 80 acres of beautiful Lancaster County, Pennsylvania woodland and equipped with clean, safe, and comfortable facilities and outdoor activities that promote a healthy family unit.
Family Retreats at Refreshing Mountain provide a safe and exciting place to engage the whole family personally and spiritually. Our guided approach helps ministry leaders plan their family retreats with ease.Check Rates
Helping Families Relax and Reconnect
We understand how frustrating planning a retreat can be without the time, resources, or planning expertise they require. So step away from everyday life and reconnect with your family and God in beautiful Lancaster County, PA.
We make retreat planning a breeze for your family.
- We handle every aspect of planning from start to finish.
- We ensure your group gets exactly what they want, including
fun activities, lodging, food, and more.
- We save you time and energy planning every detail and handling the logistics for you.
A Wide Variety of Activities and Adventures
At the heart of Refreshing Mountain, we help families and ministry leaders plan the perfect mix of life-changing ministry and exciting adventure. Our Christian Retreat and Outdoor Adventure Center is the ideal destination for your family retreat!
You can focus on impacting your kids’ lives while we provide everything from 20+ exciting indoor and outdoor activities to meals, meeting rooms, and lodging.
Family Retreat Center Amenities
At Refreshing Mountain, we have a variety of activities to interest the entire family and will make your job planning the retreat a breeze.
We offer three styles of lodging to provide options for a variety of family retreat sizes, preferences and budgets.Explore Lodging
Our dining hall serves hot buffet-style meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner with options for everyone.Explore Meals
We have meeting rooms for your group with free Wi-Fi and audio/visual equipment to rent.Explore Meeting Spaces
Our on-site activities include zip lines, climbing tower, archery, team-building challenges, animal programs and much more – perfect for your kids!Explore Activities
Retreat packages include use of our retreat center recreation facilities, including sports fields, gymnasium, outdoor pool, picnic areas and more.Explore Recreation
Retreat packages include meals, lodging, meeting space and recreational facilities. Group discounts are available!Explore Group Rates
Ready To Start Planning Your Upcoming Family Retreat?
We make planning retreats for families as simple as possible. Before booking, you can review our Covid-19 response plan, effective as of April 19, 2021.
- Connect with our team. To get started, connect with us to learn more about reservations, packages, and amenities your group will want and need.
- Confirm your reservation. Once you have an idea of when you will hold your retreat and what package you need, simply confirm your reservation and we’ll help you handle the rest.
- Arrive for your retreat! We will be looking forward to seeing you for your retreat weekend. Bring the group, prepare to have a wonderful time, and rest assured that we will have everything ready for your arrival.
Group Retreat Promotions
Don’t Take Our Word For It
“Our church comes to Refreshing Mountain 5 times a year for retreats since 2018, and we couldn’t be happier.We love everything! The fact that they are always making things better, remodeling and adding activities etc. Last, but not least the employees, they are nice and easy to work with, always trying to get the best for your group. So… with that being said we recommend Refreshing Mountain 100%.”
– Elizabeth Garcia
More About Refreshing Mountain
Escape to Refreshing Mountain, a year-round, non-denominational, Christian Retreat Center in PA, built on 80 acres of beautiful Pennsylvania woodland. We help you host heart-changing retreats for youth groups, women’s ministries, men’s groups, families, and more.
Our mission is to provide clean, comfortable, and safe facilities where you can be refreshed. We’ll take care of the details so you can relax and enjoy your time! We offer retreat packages for groups of all sizes that include meals, lodging, and the use of our meeting spaces and recreational facilities. We also provide guided activities that can be added to complement your group retreat event programming.
You have questions. We have the answers.
Do you have questions about planning your church retreat? We have the answers you need.
We take reservations up to 12 months in advance. This gives our existing groups the first option to rebook for the following year. If you are interested in booking a retreat more than 12 months in advance, you are still welcome to contact us to tell us about the retreat details you are looking for. We will place you on a “wait list” and then follow up with you once we know about availability.
A: The minimum group size is 30 persons in bunks and 21 in lodge/private rooms. For cabins, there is no minimum group size (the cabins can be rented individually). The maximum group size (comfortably) is 450 persons, but we will allow for larger groups in certain cases (we have capacity for up to 515 overnight guests). Talk to reservation staff for more details.
If you have less than 20 persons and are interested in a retreat at RMC, please call and talk to the reservation staff at 1-888-353-1490. There are certain times when we will lower the minimum number of people in a specific group, and/or we can look at blocking several cabins to accommodate your group.
A: Planning a successful event can be a lot of work. There are lots of details to manage and decisions to make. We appreciate the effort that the Group Leader puts into making the event a success, and as such, we will honor them with a FREE GROUP LEADER STAY on the event (min of 20+ persons, 2+ nights, does not apply to some cabin retreats). There is a “catch” though. For us to give this credit on the invoice, we require the following 2 things.
- Your Preliminary Retreat Schedule must be submitted at least 6 weeks before your event. It must be finalized at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Your Final Numbers for the event must be submitted at least 2 weeks before arrival.
Our team will work with you to try and qualify you for this discount. Having this information in this timeframe is essential for us to be well prepared for you when you arrive. The details of this discount will be listed on your contract. Feel free to also talk with our sales team if you have any questions about it.
- Ziplines & Adventure Courses – Fun, exciting ziplines, high-ropes, and obstacle courses for all ages and experience levels
- Escape Rooms – Our brand NEW escape room where your group will have to solve the “patent” problem.
- Wildlife Center – A hands-on, educational experience in our guided reptiles & amphibians, birds of prey, and nature exhibits
- Elevated Obstacle Course – Conquer your fears while working through up to 22 challenge elements.
- Community Pool – Our refreshing pool is open for the community and can be reserved for parties & special events
- Pony Rides & Farm Animal Experience – A unique a hands-on, experience that’s fun and educational for kids & adults
- Horseback Riding Lessons – Western and English horseback riding lessons for all ages and experience levels.
To learn more about our on-site activities, you can view details here.
A: To learn more about our meeting space options, you can view details here.
Have other questions? Check out more of our FAQs here.
Start Planning Today!
Bring together your family in our spacious, restful facilities and enjoy meaningful time together. We have adjusted our pricing, facilities and contracts to allow you to reconnect on a deeper level. Submit your retreat inquiry today to learn more and start planning your family retreat.
You must be logged in to post a comment.