Group Adventures for Small Groups
Ziplining Tours & Adventures
Nothing says adventure like soaring through the sky at one of Lancaster, PA’s most exciting outdoor activities. Refreshing Mountain’s three zipline courses and high rope adventures provide all you need to have an outdoor adventure and enjoy a new experience with friends, family, or other groups.
The Escape Rooms at Refreshing Mountain provide indoor entertainment for groups and are completely themed, designed, and built by the staff at Refreshing Mountain.
Give it a toss! This classic game of slinging an axe at wood targets never gets old. We provide the axes and you provide the fun. Our guides will help you when you need it, but for the most part you will be able to move at your own pace.
At the Refreshing Mountain Wildlife Center, we love educating people on the importance of biodiversity both here in Pennsylvania and around the world. After visiting us, we hope you leave excited to further explore the beauty found in nature!
At Refreshing Mountain, we offer Western and English horseback riding lessons for children & adults of all ages and experience levels.
Like you, we’re ready to cool off a bit. Here’s our pool practices so you can have a smooth and fun experience.
About Refreshing Mountain
Looking for some fun outdoor things to do in Lancaster County, PA as a family or group? Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center was established to provide a family-friendly place for people of all ages and group sizes to enjoy fun activities and to be refreshed.
Our professionally guided outdoor adventures are designed to challenge and excite you, whether you want to explore the area’s natural beauty with a large group or just spend quality time with your friends and family. No matter the size of your group you’ll find refreshment, connection, and adventure.
Do I Need To Make A Reservation?
Reservations are highly recommended whether you call ahead or book online. If you just stop in, you might have to wait an hour or more for the activity you want. We recommend you call ahead or book online to ensure availability even for day-of bookings.
What Are The Age, Weight, And Height Restrictions For The Activities?
- All activities have a maximum weight of 280 pounds.
- For most of the “high adventure” activities, individual riders must be at least five years old.
- An adult MUST accompany children under 13 for the Challenge and Aerial Excursion. For other activities, an adult need only be present. Please see the AGE RATIO GRID for specifics.
What Should I Know About The Day Of My Activity?
- All participants MUST be wearing closed-toed shoes, like a sneaker.
- If you are wearing hoop or dangling earrings or a necklace, you will be asked to remove them while doing the activity. There is a safe place you can keep your belongings.
- Hair that is below the shoulder should be pulled pack.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your first scheduled activity. Come to the office, and we will direct you from there.
Is The Property Safe And Friendly For Children?
We are very intentional about promoting and preserving a family-friendly environment that welcomes all guests. Our goals for hospitality and many of our policies reflect the Judeo-Christian founding of the retreat center. We feel strongly that our guidelines are essential in helping us promote a wholesome, safe, enjoyable, family-friendly environment for everyone.