Refreshing Mountain preexisting features with your safety in mind.
- We have 100+ acre outdoor property with plenty of space to spread out.
- Safety has always been our top priority from activities to housekeeping.
- Air Filters and Air Scrubbers. Our HVAC systems have regular maintenance checks and cleaning of the air filters. Additionally, several of our larger buildings that have space for more people have Air Scrubbers, which is an Air Purifying system that removes pathogens, micro-organisms, odors, etc. via energized oxygen molecules.
- SO-FLUX mattress covers on all the bunk beds. These are a silver-weaved product that is more comfortable to sleep on than vinyl but also has the added benefit of being anti-microbial, anti-fungal, etc.
- Thorough cleaning. After groups check out of their rooms*, housekeeping cleans each space by vacuuming, dusting, and wiping down countertops with products containing bleach. They also use disinfectant in the bathrooms on the toilets, sinks, tubs, and floor. *Additionally we are leaving 24 hours between cabin and lodge stays to assist with safety measures.
We have also made significant pivots to our business model and structure to accommodate individual family retreats. Here is a list of our enhanced features:
- We have installed hand sanitizer stations throughout our grounds.
- Enhanced sanitation procedures in place around the property.
- Our dining hall (for hotel room guests) has table assigned seating so you will never be sharing your table with another family during your stay. Cleaning supplies will be provided including soap and sanitizer. (As always, you are welcome to bring your own in addition to all we provide.)
- We control the number of people on-site by only offering advanced private reservations (No walk-ins). So you will feel the safe space of the 100+ acres.
- For all activities, we have added a variety of enhanced safety precautions which you can see here.
While the Retreat side of Refreshing Mountain is limited, our lodging, recreation, and adventure activities are still considered an essential business. We agree with Gov. Wolf’s announcement, that getting outside is a great way to boost mental and physical health. Care for your whole self can be accomplished in a safe and smart way.
1 night stays are permitted mid-week (Sun-Thurs nights). 2 night minimum for weekend (Fri-Sun nights).
No. Pets, other than service animals, are not permitted in any buildings here on-site. We do allow pets with guests who stay in campsites/tent sites.
We have a fun, safe, outdoor environment conducive to getting out and exploring. Below are a just a few ways you can safely enjoy your time here.
- 🦎Adventure Activities booked as private tours! Must book in advance, but you can receive 15% off! Use code ‘cabin15’ when booking online. (Must be staying overnight to receive discount). Ziplines, Climbing Tower, Pony Rides, Wildlife Center, Giant Swing, Elevated Obstacles, etc.
- 🔥Campfires! Wood must be purchased here at Refreshing Mountain ($5 a bundle), and then you can bring some s’mores and hot dogs to do some outdoor cooking! We also have roasting sticks and chocolate available here for purchase.
- 🐟Fishing: We have a private pond that is catch and release. Bring your supplies.
- 🥾Hiking, feed the farm animals and fish at the pond (bring some quarters), and explore our beautiful 100 acres of Pennsylvania woodland. See our map.
- 💦Go swimming in our outdoor pool! Overnight guests receive 1 complimentary time slot per day (call the office) with additional times at a discount (use code ‘cabin15’). Must reserve your space ahead of time online. (Modest swimwear required (1 piece or tankini with no midriff showing for females and board short style swimsuits for males).
On the date of arrival, your cabin will be ready at 4pm. Our office is not a 24 hr check-in facility so hours vary by season and day of week. If you cannot arrive during that day’s normal office hours we will try to accomodate your schedule. These details will be worked out close to the date of your check-in.
Checkout is 10am on the date of departure. A surcharge of $50 per hour may be added to your bill if you are not checked out by 10am.
Yes! There are several fire rings in the cabin area that can be used for campfires/cookouts. Please note that we do not provide any grills, roasting prongs, etc. Campfires should be reserved ahead of time- we will set up your campfire and provide you with all the wood and matches. If you do not reserve a campfire location ahead of time come to our office to inquire on availability. Please note the following:
- Campfires can only be built in a designated area (i.e. a stone or metal fire ring).
- There are 5 gallon buckets at each fire pit. Use that water to put the fire out when you are done with it.
- Due to the proximity of the forest and the cabins, it is imperative that campfires be kept small. DO NOT BUILD A FIRE WITH MORE THAN A 2 FOOT FLAME!
- Campfire areas are located throughout the property and may not be directly behind your cabin. When scheduling we do our best to put you in a campfire location close to your cabin, pending availability (see below).
- Campfire areas are “first come, first served”. There are more cabins than campfire pits, so sometimes all campfire areas can be full for the evening. However, campfires are great things to share and great places to make new friends, so maybe you will get an opportunity to meet your “cabin neighbors”.
We ask that from 11PM until 7AM, all activity moves indoors. Please be courteous to other camp guests and keep the camp quiet during this time. This means that any campfires or other evening activities should be wrapped up by 11PM. Early morning (i.e. 7AM) is a great time to go for a nature hike. The sunrise is wonderful, and the wildlife is beautiful.
Our cabins and hotel rooms function much like some timeshares. For cabins, you are asked to have dishes washed and put away, floors swept, trash tied and shut, and do not forget your towels and linens! For the hotel rooms, simply do not forget your towels and linens! This is helpful so our housekeeping staff can focus on the deep cleaning. Further instructions will be given upon arrival.
- All reservations require a 50% deposit of your total rental charges. A cancellation 14 days or more prior to your arrival date will result in a refund of the deposit, less a $45 cancellation fee. If you cancel 3 to 13 days before your scheduled arrival date, you will lose your entire deposit (i.e. 50% of the total reservation charges).
- If you cancel within 3 days of arrival, you will be billed for the entire reservation.
Each lodge will have access to the dining hall where you will have use of a refrigerator, freezer, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, and private seating just for your family. (If the weather is nice, you can always roast some hot dogs around a campfire as well)! You’ll need to bring plates, cups, utensils, pans, etc.
No. All lodging onsite is strictly Non-Smoking. We will charge a $100 penalty for smoking in or around the cabins.
Additionally, most of our property (including outdoor areas) is designated as NO SMOKING. We abide by PA’s “Young Lungs Safe” environment. We are members of a PA state initiative to that effect, and you will see signs posted around the property stating “Young Lungs at Play. No Smoking.” Guests that need to smoke are asked to smoke in their vehicle away from any buildings/facilities.
No. Alcohol is not permitted on the property. Violators of this policy may be asked to leave without refund and will be charged a $100 penalty.
Couples must be married in order to rent a single lodging unit. (Don’t let this keep you from coming. We would just ask that you rent 2 lodging units).