At Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center, our mission is to provide clean, comfortable, and safe facilities, where guests can be REFRESHED. We will focus on the background details like cleaning, foodservice, maintenance, and technical activities, allowing our guests to focus on the retreat programming that they create for their own event.
In Activities, it is our mission is to bring groups and generations together to work for a common good. We will provide more than just a recreational activity.
Our goals are:
• To create an uplifting experience,
• Teach truths for spiritual and personal development
• Provide experiences that challenge participants to
– Face their inner fears, struggles, and insecurities
– Grow in Faith, Hope, Trust, and Love
– Develop greater appreciation for one another
Statement of Faith
Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center (RMC) was founded as a Christ-Centered retreat center where individuals, families, and groups can getaway and be refreshed. In accordance with our membership of the Christian Camp and Conference Association, our Board of Directors has adopted the following Statement of Faith:
We Believe In
• The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct,
• The Triune God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
• The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His substitutionary atonement for sin, His bodily resurrection and His personal, visible return to earth to reign in righteousness and glory;
• The Person of the Holy Spirit and His work of conviction, regeneration, and sanctification, who indwells every believer equipping them with gifts for service and witness;
• The necessity of new birth, in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone and the importance of a life fully committed to the will of God in Christ; and
• The church as the one universal body of Christ who is the Head, called to be God’s redeemed people.
We do not require that our guests fully ascribe to our Statement of Faith, however, all guest groups at RMC do sign a contract stating that any RELIGIOUS/CULTURAL/SOCIAL ACTIVITIES organized by the guest group will not CONFLICT with our Statement of Faith.
We welcome many types of groups that do not have a religious purpose to the retreat (i.e. school retreats, charities, tour groups, etc). It is our belief that our Statement of Faith enables us to better serve your group, whether or not you fully ascribe to it. We simply ask that while you stay with us, you respect the principles upon which the camp was founded.