The Nature Center
The Nature Center
The Nature Center area includes indoor and some outdoor exhibits customized to give a naturalistic experience, with zoological style displays.
The center specializes in reptiles and amphibians and offers one of the most “hands on” reptile experiences around! Every group is given the opportunity to not just touch, but also hold several snakes, lizards, turtles, and tortoises. The center is also home to many Pennsylvania native reptiles and amphibians.
Here are some of the native species that you can see in our Nature Center:
- The venomous Northern Copperhead and Timber Rattlesnake.
- Many native non-venomous snakes such as Eastern Garter Snakes, Eastern (Black) Rat Snakes, and Eastern Milk Snake.
- Native amphibians such as American Toads, and Spotted Salamander.
- Two of PA’s four Lizard species the Eastern Fence Lizard and Five Lined Skink Lizard.
- And of course, some friendly turtles like our Box Turtle, Painted Turtles, and Wood Turtle.
The facility also displays several exotic species to “show off” the great diversity of color, size, and adaptations of reptiles and amphibians from around the world.
The nature center is not just about reptiles and amphibians though. You will also find animal pelts, bird nests, and information on a variety of Pennsylvania’s flora and fauna.
We offer our Nature Center and Hands on Reptile tour to groups that may not be interested in a specific “Nature Study” but still want the opportunity to learn about and interact with reptiles in a temperature controlled environment. (This option is particularly great for groups visiting us during the winter months!)
Bring the Reptiles to you!
Interested in having an educational and fun reptile presentation come to your next event? Contact us to learn more.