Please select a question for details.
- For most of the “high adventure” activities, individual riders must be at least 5 years old, weigh a minimum of 60 pounds and be 48 inches tall. For the Aerial Excursion Course, individual riders must be a minimum of 8 years old and weigh 100 pounds. All activities have the weight maximum of 280 pounds.
- Children under 13 MUST be accompanied by an adult to complete the zip line courses; the ratio for the Challenge Adventure Course is 1 adult per 4 children and the ratio for the Aerial Excursion Course is one adult to one child. Adult is defined as a person over the age of 13.
NO. Pets are not permitted in any buildings here on-site. The reason for this policy is to accommodate guests who have allergies. We do allow pets with guests who stay in campsites/tent sites. An exception is made to this policy for service animals aiding guest(s).
- All reservations with a total cost of $1,000 or less require payment in full at the time of the reservation or with the signed Day Agreement. Day events with totals over $1,000 must submit a check for 50% of the total amount with the signed Day Agreement and the balance must be paid upon arrival the day of the event. A cancelation 14 days or more prior to your arrival date will result in a refund of the deposit, less a $45 cancel fee. If you cancel 3 to 13 days before your scheduled arrival date, you will lose your entire deposit.
- If you cancel within 3 days of arrival, you will be billed for the entire reservation.
- If you are making your reservation within 14 days of your arrival date, the full amount is due at the time of booking, regardless of total amount.
- Inclement Weather: If there are high winds, heavy rain or snow, lightning or below freezing temperatures, Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center may cancel a dayâ€™s activities for safety reasons. If RMC cancels due to inclement weather, your event will either be rescheduled at a future date or your deposit will be refunded in full.
Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center highly encourages adult supervision for all events. There are many areas for chaperons to watch the activities. If not included in the activity, there is no charge for their presence.
RMC provides many attractive packages that provide fun options for a birthday party or other special occasion. We do not provide decorations or catered food (we do have buffet meal options for larger groups in our Dining Hall). We do have outdoor picnic areas that are free to use as well as outdoor pavilions and indoor meeting rooms that can be reserved for your celebration.
We are very intentional about promoting and preserving a family-friendly environment. Our goals for hospitality, as well as many of our policies, reflect the Judeo-Christian founding of the retreat center, which was founded in 1984. We feel strongly that the following guidelines are important in helping us promote a wholesome, safe, enjoyable, family-friendly environment for all our guests.
We request modest bathing suits.
- For girls and ladies, this means a modest, 1-piece suit. We do allow for an opaque t-shirt to be worn over a 2-piece suit, and tank-inis are allowed provided that there is no midriff exposed. This applies to infants also.
- For boys and men, we require boxer/board style shorts (no SPEEDOS).
We also expect guests to wear a cover-up to and from the pool area.
NO. PA law restricts it (and it isn’t good for you anyway). We will charge a $100 penalty for smoking in or around the buildings. If a guest needs to smoke, there is 1 designated smoking area on-site (and it is not close to the activities) where smoking is permitted. Check at the office for details on the smoking location. This policy is strictly enforced.
NO. It just leads to too many potential problems. We are convinced that you can have a great time here, even without it. Guests who violate this rule will be asked to vacate the premise immediately without refund.