Have fun outside in Lancaster County, PA! These 2 exciting adventure packages are great options for individuals or groups of 2-8 people of all ages.
Pick your package below, and book your Refreshing Mountain adventure today!
The Explorer Package will take you on a host of outdoor adventures. This package includes 25-30 minute sessions of each activity: our Climbing Tower, Pedal Carts, Paintball Targets, and Archery. Our staff will guide your group throughout the entire program.
This program is available for ages 5 and older. Groups with children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by at least one adult.
“We did the zip lining and explorer package it was a great experience. I think what made it even better for the eight of us was our guides. Morgan, Taylor, and Jess were absolutely the best. We enjoyed the day and the challenges we definitely fantastic.”
~ Trip Advisor Review
Horse & Farm Animal Experience
This program is designed to give children an opportunity to interact with a horse and farm animals. Participants will learn general safety guidelines for interacting with large animals, have a chance to pet, groom, and feed the animals, and be given a hand-led horse ride within an enclosed area. This is a 30-45 minute session, ideal for ages 5-15 years old. Riding helmets are provided. The max weight is 250 lbs, closed-toe shoes required (no sandals, etc), and riders must be able to mount a horse unassisted from a 2-step mounting block. At least 1 adult must be present with each group. You can also check out our separate horseback riding lessons.
25-30 minute sessions of each activity:
- Climbing Tower
- Pedal Carts
- Paintball Targets
- Archery target shooting
30-45 minute session to:
- Learn General Safety Guidelines for Interacting with Large Animals
- Have a Chance to Pet, Groom, and Feed the Animals
- Hand-Led Horse Ride within an enclosed area
Farm Animals Pricing
Or, call (717) 738-1490
- For most of the “high adventure” activities, individual riders must be at least 5 years old, weigh a minimum of 60 pounds and be 48 inches tall. For the Aerial Excursion Course, individual riders must be a minimum of 8 years old and weigh 100 pounds. All activities have the weight maximum of 280 pounds.
- Children under 13 MUST be accompanied by an adult to complete the zip line courses; the ratio for the Challenge Adventure Course is 1 adult per 4 children and the ratio for the Aerial Excursion Course is one adult to one child. Adult is defined as a person over the age of 13.
- All reservations with a total cost of $1,000 or less require payment in full at the time of the reservation or with the signed Day Agreement. Day events with totals over $1,000 must submit a check for 50% of the total amount with the signed Day Agreement and the balance must be paid upon arrival the day of the event. A cancellation 14 days or more prior to your arrival date will result in a refund of the deposit, less a $45 cancel fee.
- If you cancel 3 to 13 days before your scheduled arrival date, you will lose your entire deposit. If you cancel within 3 days of arrival, you will be billed for the entire reservation.
- If you are making your reservation within 14 days of your arrival date, the full amount is due at the time of booking, regardless of total amount.
- Inclement Weather: If there are high winds, heavy rain or snow, lightning or below freezing temperatures, Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center may cancel a day’s activities for safety reasons. If RMC cancels due to inclement weather, your event will either be rescheduled at a future date or your deposit will be refunded in full.
Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center highly encourages adult supervision for all events. There are many areas for chaperons to watch the activities. If not included in the activity, there is no charge for their presence.
We are very intentional about promoting and preserving a family-friendly environment. Our goals for hospitality, as well as many of our policies, reflect the Judeo-Christian founding of the retreat center (founded in 1984). We feel strongly that the following guidelines are important in helping us promote a wholesome, safe, enjoyable, and family-friendly environment for all our guests.
We request modest bathing suits.
- For girls and ladies, this means a modest, 1-piece suit. We do allow for an opaque t-shirt to be worn over a 2-piece suit, and tank-inis are allowed provided that there is no midriff exposed. This applies to infants also.
- For boys and men, we require boxer/board style shorts (no SPEEDOS).
We also expect guests to wear a cover-up to and from the pool area.
We have a strict no smoking policy on the property. PA law restricts smoking (and it isn’t good for you anyway). We will charge a $100 penalty for smoking in or around the buildings. If a guest needs to smoke, there is 1 designated smoking area on-site (and it is not close to the activities) where smoking is permitted. Check at the office for details on the smoking location. This policy is strictly enforced.
We do not permit alcohol on the premises. It just leads to too many potential problems. We are convinced that you can have a great time here, even without it. Guests who violate this rule will be asked to vacate the premise immediately without refund.